Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » General Scooter Discussion

Post subject: lexmoto
 Post Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:44 pm 

hi guys just stuck my toe into the scooter world and ordered a lexmoto gladiator 125 on ebay ....an feed back on this machine?? thanks

Post subject: Re: lexmoto
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:12 am 
T&G Regular

Mate had one it was 3 months old and needed a full engine rebuild due to an oil leak and has alot of problems with it, Cancel your order and get a Japanese bike, alot more reliably and parts are easier to get.

Those lexmoto and other chinese bikes are made of monkey metal and need alot of garage time to keep it working, in the owners manual it says service every 700 miles !!

Cancel your order and find some thing else, currently a Yamaha BWS 125 2010 on ebay for £1100 might be worth looking in to.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:02 am 
Posting Insanity

The Importers Lexmoto have been around for quite a few years and if new , the machine is guarenteed .These machines are generic and come with different names , the Jonway and Sinnis are similar . Billy just because of one having a problem it doesn`t mean they all will . You might have made the new owner nervous now . Dazza, the Chinese Scooter Owner`s Forum is a busy one , you could join and they will answer any worries or queries you might have . Happy riding with it !

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:46 pm 

thanks for your imput guys,garage time and spanners all in a days work for me as iam a mechanic..........just as well by the sou nds of it lol :scoot1 :scoot1

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:04 pm 
T&G Regular

i just don't want somebody to buy a scoot that will be in the garage more than you ride it, ive read load of reviews on them and its nots good,

JUST SAYING WHAT IVE HEARD AND KNOW.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:11 pm 
Posting Insanity

billywhizz wrote:
chinese are crap blah blah i will follow the crowd .

chinese scooter are fine for a cheap way of getting into scootering in the twelve months i had mine it broke down once and that was because i put an open filter on it and rode in the rain

as long as they are serviced and looked after they will last years (someone i know is on 28017 miles at the moment on his chinese 50

most people who own them like them most who dont havent owned one and the unreliable ones are usally down to owner neglect

looking for next scoot

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:31 pm 
T&G Regular

billywhizz wrote:
i just don't want somebody to buy a scoot that will be in the garage more than you ride it, ive read load of reviews on them and its nots good,

JUST SAYING WHAT IVE HEARD AND KNOW.

Dont knock them till you have tried, my Piaggio is a chinese manufactured and hasn't missed a beat in over 4 years. Engage brain before posting.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 pm 
T&G Regular

When you get chinese built bikes that big companys own like piaggio or Peugeot there good because they meet guide lines but when you get ones that like lexmoto and direct bikes that build them then there crap and some not road worthy.

I am sticking with my guns and still think they cheaply made out of monkey metal and wouldn't touch one with a Barge pole, :smokin:

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 pm 
T&G Regular

billywhizz wrote:
When you get chinese built bikes that big companys own like piaggio or Peugeot there good because they meet guide lines but when you get ones that like lexmoto and direct bikes that build them then there crap and some not road worthy.

I am sticking with my guns and still think they cheaply made out of monkey metal and wouldn't touch one with a Barge pole, :smokin:

Thats a pretty sweeping statement, all bikes imported into Europe are type approved and therefore roadworthy when new. As to whether they are crap, you have already admitted to never owning one, and are merely repeating heresay, so I suggest you are speaking out of turn. Any bike will fail if you dont look after it, whether its British, German or Chinese manufactured. Dont knock anything if you haven't tried it

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:49 am 

well thanks guys for all your input but am still trying too find someone who has had experience and is familiar with the lexmoto gladiator 125,just curiousity realy,as its a bit late now as i have ordered and paid deposit

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 pm 
TAG Moderator

I deleted your duplicate post :!:

Try the chinese forum your sure to find people that have this scoot :idea:
http://www.chinesescoots.forumwise.com/ ... adaaf2501c

But don't forget to post what the scooter is like on here ;)

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm 
T&G Regular

Chinese stuff is fine if you look after it well. There is plenty of great advice on the Chinese scooter forum linked in DTO's post there.. You'll find me on there as well :)

Now then.. just about to go order a BT49-qt9.. just got to decide between the Pulse Scout or Baotian Speedy.. the local dealer tells me he prefers the Pulse as it "just seems better built" to him but I prefer the Speedys red/white paint job.....

Post Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:04 pm 
Posting Insanity

im also on csc

i would go with the baotian as the pulses tended to have tiny fuel tanks for some reason

this may of changed by now though as it was about 4 years ago

looking for next scoot

Board index » Subscribers' Forums » General Scooter Discussion